Positive Impact Grant Program
The Positive Impact Grant Program provides up to $10,000 in grants of $500 to $1000 each to organizations and individuals within our community that have a direct and positive impact on our TK-12 students. All SCCS Educators and Staff are eligible to apply.
Positive Impact Grant Program Details:
- We will be accepting applications starting today through February 15, 2024
- Please submit only one application per individual or project.
- Priority will be given to proposals that align with one or more of the SCEF focus areas (Racial & Socioeconomic Equity, Mental Health & Wellness, Environmental Justice & Sustainability).
- Awardees will be required to submit a simple, 1-page Impact Grant Report by December 15, 2024 (Report Form will be provided by SCEF)
- Grants will be reviewed by a committee of SCEF Board members and winners announced March 15, 2024
Computer Science for All
In partnership with the Santa Cruz City School District and ETR (Education, Training and Research), we received a grant from the National Science Foundation to increase equity and inclusion in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) in our city schools. These funds enable us to provide computer science curriculum training for teachers to use in their classrooms daily and family code nights at our elementary schools.
SCEF is partnering with librarians across Santa Cruz City Schools to update their library media centers and book catalogs, improving accessibility for all students.