Positive Impact Grant Program
This year, we are introducing a Positive Impact Grant Program in which we will be offering up to $10,000 in grants of $500 to $1000 each to organizations and individuals within our community that have a direct and positive impact on our TK-12 students. We will be looking for programs and projects that directly impact and support students in the areas of computer science, music and literacy.
Facts about the Positive Impact Grant Program:
- We will be accepting applications through December 31, 2021.
- Grant funds must be spent by December 2022.
- Grant Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Please submit only one application per individual or organization.
- Priority will be given to proposals that align with one or more of the SCEF program areas.
- Grants will be reviewed by a committee of SCEF Board members.
Computer Science for All
In partnership with the Santa Cruz City School District and ETR (Education, Training and Research), we received a grant from the National Science Foundation to increase equity and inclusion in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) in our city schools. These funds enable us to provide computer science curriculum training for teachers to use in their classrooms daily and family code nights at our elementary schools.
SCEF is partnering with librarians across Santa Cruz City Schools to update their library media centers and book catalogs, improving accessibility for all students.